Barely few years after graduating from the Aviation Engineering Dept of the Warsaw University of Technology I became a member of a Project team supervising construction of one of the first high-rises in Warsaw – BH i CHZ („INTRACO II”) – headquarters of an international trade consortium, construction managed by BPA / Sweden, completed in 1979:
- 140 m high,
- 47 story,
- 268.000 sqm gross.
Subsequent project I was involved in was to negotiate and later to supervise construction of LOT Complex – Hotel and Airline Terminal PLL LOT
, initiated in 1978 by the Cementation International Ltd. of London:
- 140 m high,
- 42 story,
- ok. 500.000 sqm gross.
My years in Libya meant a series of international construction projects, although the scale of most facilities we have built was more modest.
My years in Iraq involved working with a team of British and American engineers.
My next big challenge was to negotiate and later to implement Poland's first FIDIC contract – LIM Center
(f. LOT Complex). Project was initiated by the Cementation International Ltd. in 1978 and completed by the ILBAU (Austria) in cooperation with the Marriott Corp. (USA). At that time the largest project of this type under construction in Europe.
At that time my unique qualification and experience gave me an opportunity to assume a role of a negotiator and later of the FIDIC Engineer (FIDIC) – OKĘCIE II International Airport
, complex including Catering Base and Cargo Terminal.
Many projects I have completed under contract (as a co-owner and CEO of Project Management Ltd.), among them:
- o Project preparatory works for one of Poland's first A-class office buildings, for an American Investor – International Business Center, in Warsaw. Unfortunately completed by a third party.
- o Management of design and construction works of Automobile Upholstery Plant, in Płońsk, for Ford Motor Co.
Working as a Branch Director of a Swiss Company (Landis & Staefa) brought several interesting projects, just several years after
Subsequent milestone in my career was construction of the HYATT REGENCY HOTEL in Warsaw
, completed by an Italian Investor according to American guideline completion standards
Next completed Project requires no additional promotion:
- Złote Tarasy in Warsaw – Retail-office complex complete with a cluster of multi-screen movie theatres and parking, gross area approx. 200,000 sqm. Total worth over € 300 million..
Few other Project I was involved recently:
- Terminal II at Warsaw Airport;
- International Architectural Competition for Polish History Museum building;
- Speed Road S8 at Rawa Mazowiecka – Piotrków Trybunalski location;
- Multimodal Terminal Łódź Fabryczna – the biggest railway/bus terminal in Europe under construction at that time.
- Preparatory works for Modern Art Museum and TR Warszawa Theatre at Defilad sqr. in Warsaw.